Monday 18 February 2013

idea generation

According to Claudia Hammond in her book ‘Emotional Rollercoaster’, there are 9 human emotions;

Hope
Joy
Sadness
Guilt
Love
Jealousy
Fear
Anger
Disgust

Thinking about this in conjunction with previous ideas and thoughts I am outlining my ideas at present.

I read a study online which detailed the scientific links between sleep and emotions. There are studies which say sleep is our only emotionless sate of being. This made my think about the idea of selecting 6 people and photographing them portraying their interpretation of the visual appearance of each of the 9 emotions as a study to see the interesting ways in which people think emotions are present on others. these 6 images would be joined together with a portrait of them sleeping. So essentially I would have 6 images each containing 10 images. (will have to see if i can rope in enough people it is possible to photograph and who don’t mind me photographing them sleeping.)
(working title  - whilst they sleep?)

As a spin off from the idea above I though about setting up my camera on a tripod with a time set trigger to take images hourly whilst I slept.
This too could be joined with self portraits of myself and my attempt to visually portray the given emotions?

Another idea was to make an emotional study (more personal) by making it all about myself and creating photomontages of old family images. Images of people in my life. Self portraits and other mixed media components.

With the idea of the endless cycle of love and betrayal I would look at collecting photographs I have previously taken at weddings and using photoshop to alter them to portray a different message. I would include images taken especially to go with them and in some cases print off alter re photograph and or scan. I have bought a disposable camera which I also plan to play with and see what results from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment