Tuesday 19 February 2013

spectacle wearing folk - luke stephenson

Spectacle Wearing Folk - Luke Stephenson

I remembered seeing this body of work as I researched for a past project. 
Jerwood prize winner Luke Stephenson produced a unusual series of portraits with all of his selected subjects wearing glasses.
What interested me most about these images was the tonality and composition.
The subjects are isolated and almost like heads floating in the square frame.
In terms of the aesthetics, they are very similar to how I plan to shoot my self portraits as there is something quite 'dream - like' about them and the composition ensures the main focus of the images, in Stephensons case is the glasses. In my images I aspire to make the facial expressions and physically visible emotions the key element.










No comments:

Post a Comment