Wednesday 13 February 2013

update

I have decided for my theme to be based around the endless cycle of human emotions. Love and betrayal and relationships.
I have a broad interest at present which I hope with more in-depth research will reduce down into one more constrained idea within the overall idea.
I have looked a lot at the work of Natasha Caruana who’s bodies of work focus on the idea of love relationships, men and betrayal. This is something I too am interested in however when at the construction and creation stage I am beginning to struggle to decide how to present this in my series of 6 images.
I got many books out of the library;
emotional rollercoaster - Claudia Hammond
Men Sex and Relationships -  Victor J. Seidler
Marriage In Britian 1945-89 - Dr Dominian Frcped
Photography and play - Erin C. Garcia
Visions of Modernity - Scott McQuire
Photomontage; a political weapon - David Evans
Photomontage- Dawn Ades
The photomontages of Hannah Hoch - Walker Art Centre
 
A variation each with purpose. The photomontage books I hope will inspire and stimulate ideas as I feel photomontage and physically editing images could be appropriate for this theme.

The books on emotions marriage and men - relating to the who idea of the endless cycle of relationships, love and betrayal

No comments:

Post a Comment